Monday, July 4, 2016

Rishi


During recent visit from my family members........

Rishi
After Playtime


Rishi's Trust

Without parents by his side
And hesitation none in sight
He grabbed my finger fore
Saying take me to a park 
To swing and to slide
And to play seek and hide
Less than mere four in age
Tad more than three in height
He looked towering from ground up
To my melted puddle self
Which I so turned 
From his unambiguous trust
That coursed through my being
As he held my finger
With his gentle fervor
                 
                    charu
                   070416


Rishi's Confidence

Tiny tyke knows his cars
by mere sight. Smart!
On the way to playground
looking down at his steps
tete-a-tete he began
with himself.
I was neither privy
nor had brains to grasp
his Greek and Latin!
To distract, at birds
I pointed overhead
would you like to fly, I asked
yes, he replied.
I asked him to listen.
Did you hear a crow caw?
Yes, he says.
Can you recognize birds
by their calls; I wanted to teach.
Yes, I do; came reply, instead.
How do you know that?
I played curious
He stopped, furrowed his forehead
looked up at me
and replied condescendingly,
I know many things, Masi!

I found myself dumbfound!
                            
                            charu

                           070416

No comments:

Post a Comment